Streaming movies and TV shows these days isn’t a tough job when devices like Amazon FireStick are available in the market. You can convert your regular TV set into a world of entertainment with just a single device. There are many different versions available like Amazon FireStick, FireStick 4K, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube. Each of them offers unique features that you can enjoy for free. The best thing about Amazon FireStick devices is that it supports popular streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix, Hotstar, YouTube and many more. The latest Amazon FireStick 2020 comes with Alexa’s support so you can navigate using your voice.
While using FireStick is free, some apps and services may cost you money. To use services like Netflix, Hotstar, Hulu, etc. on your FireStick, you will need their subscription plans. FireStick is just a medium to broadcast online content on your TV. Though you can do anything using Amazon FireStick streaming movies and TV shows remains at the top. If you are thinking to use FireStick for movie and TV streaming but doesn’t want to pay then you will find this post useful.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you about how to install Kodi on FireStick. If you haven’t heard about Kodi yet, then you are missing out something really useful. Kodi is an easy-to-use and one of the best Amazon FireStick apps available right now. This add-on opens up the world full of entertainment for free. Kodi is used to access premium content for free which is either geo-restricted or comes in a price tag.
This post has got everything you need to know about the latest FireStick update 2020 and how to install Kodi 18 on FireStick. Before doing Kodi for FireStick download we will recommend you to read the steps carefully and follow them as mentioned below.
- Also Check: Best KODI Builds
What Is Kodi?
Kodi is basically an open-source media player which is developed by the XBMC Foundation. It is used for streaming online content on TV sets using a software, 10-foot user interface. It is a new graphical user interface that typically assumes the user’s eyes are only about two feet (60 cm) from the display. The text and icons are made in such a way that they are comfortably visible even from a television viewing distance of 10 feet (3 meters).
Many remote and voice-controlled features are also introduced in the latest Kodi version. Kodi’s latest version is named as Kodi 18.2 Leia which is used in this FireStick Kodi installation guide. We will keep updating Kodi for Fire TV Stick download link and guide with Kodi latest version for Amazon Fire TV Stick as soon as it is released.
How To Install Kodi 18.2 On Amazon FireStick, Fire TV and Fire TV Cube | FireStick Kodi Install Guide
If you have just purchased Fire TV or Fire Stick then you might be interested in reading about how to set up FireStick for first-time use. Once done, your device is ready for FireStick Kodi installation.
Before you begin installing Kodi on FireStick devices, your Amazon FireStick needs to jailbreak. We’ve posted a detailed guide about how to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick using different methods. You can either read it before moving forward, or you can find a quick step-by-step FireStick jailbreaking guide below. After doing that you can easily install Kodi on FireStick 4K, FireStick TV and FireStick Cube.
NOTE: Jailbreaking FireStick is not illegal, yet streaming pirated content is illegal with it. We don’t encourage jailbreaking Amazon FireStick or Kodi like apps to access copyright and pirated content. You must be aware of your actions with Kodi FireStick.
Before anything else, there are 4 settings or options which need to be modified/changed in FireStick. Along with the option we’ve posted screenshots on how to enable these Fire TV Stick settings to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Enable ADB debugging
- Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources
- Turn OFF Device Usage Data
- Turn OFF Collect App Usage Data
First of all, we will enable ADB debugging and the option to install apps from third-party (external) sources. To do this just follow the below steps.
- Open Settings of your FireStick/Fire TV Stick.
- Now tap on My Fire TV or Device to open more options.
- Under Developer Options, 2 options will appear on your screen.
- Enable option that says “install apps from unknown sources” (IMPORTANT)
- You will have to enable ADB debugging (optional).
- Go back to the Settings page and tap on Preferences -> Privacy Settings.
- Various options will appear on your screen, simply TURN OFF or DISABLE Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data options.
Awesome, you’re all set and your Amazon Fire TV Stick too. Modifying the above settings is necessary to get Kodi for FireStick TV. Now you can use any of the below-mentioned methods to download Kodi for FireStick.
Method #1. Install Kodi On Fire Stick With Downloader
Downloader app in FireStick can be used to download anything from the web in a few clicks. You can use this app to download Kodi on Amazon FireStick. This app comes with an in-built browser to browse the internet right from your Amazon FireTV Stick.
So if you want to install Kodi 18 on FireStick using Downloader then follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all click on Search Icon on your home screen.
- Now type “Downloader” and tap on the first search result.
- Click on the orange Downloader icon to open the app page.
- You can read about the Downloader for FireStick on this page.
- When you are ready, tap on Download and wait for the download to finish.
- Once it is done, click on Open to open Downloader app for Fire TV Stick.
- If you get any pop-up message, then simply tap on Allow to enable storage permissions for the app.
- On the left side, click on the Browser.
- Copy and paste the below URL in the URL field and click on Go.
- Kodi official website download page will get opened.
- Click on Green Android icon to download Kodi APK latest version for Amazon FireStick.
- Select the Android > ARMV7A (32 Bit) version to download [IMPORTANT].
- Once downloaded, various open will open automatically.
- Tap on Install and wait for the process to finish.
- You can also click on Delete to delete Kodi 18.2 installation file from your Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube storage.
- Click on Done and navigate back to the home screen.
- Scroll down and click on Apps & Channels and then See All.
- A grid of all of the apps and services owned by you will get displayed.
- Simply find the logo of Kodi among all and pin it to the front.
- This will ensure that Kodi app is displayed on the home screen on your Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
This is how you can install Kodi on Fire TV Cube and other devices using the Downloader app. You can open up the Kodi app and start adding add-ons and services to it. These add-ons and services will get your work done with ease. You can also find out some of the best Kodi add-ons for FireStick on this blog.
Method #2. Amazon Fire Stick Kodi: ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is one of the most popular and widely used file explorer and manager app around the world. The best thing is, you can download ES File Explorer for Amazon Fire Stick for free from Amazon App Store. Using ES File Explorer Fire Stick method to install Kodi is easier as compared to other methods. If you want to know how to install Kodi 18.0 on FireStick using ES File Explorer, then you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on Search Icon or visit Amazon App Store and type “ES File Explorer”
- Open ES File Explorer app page and click on Download to install it on your Fire TV/Fire Stick.
- Once done, open the app to install Kodi 18.2 Leia/Kodi 17.6 Krypton on FireStick.
- Tap on Tools -> Download Manager -> +New.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen to enter the NAME and download PATH.
- In the name field enter KODI and in the path field, copy paste the below URL:
- This is Kodi Leia 18.2 download link for Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV.
- If you want Kodi Krypton 17.6 for Fire TV Stick, then copy paste the below URL:
- Click on Download Now and wait for the download to finish.
- When done, tap on Open File -> Install.
- Once again, click on Install and wait for the Kodi installation on FireStick to finish.
Kodi shortcut won’t be created automatically on Fire Stick, Fire TV Stick or Fire Cube, so you will have to do that manually. You can open the Kodi app from Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> Kodi -> Launch.
Alternatively, you can also press the HOME BUTTON on your remote for 5 seconds to open Apps page where all of the installed apps can be found, including Kodi 18.2 for FireStick.
Method #3. How To Get Kodi On FireStick With FileLinked
FileLinked is free to use bulk downloader for Android and Fire TV devices. You can use this website to create a download link of anything you want. Using it to download and install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick is easier and it doesn’t require many steps to be followed. Just a copy paste of download code will get the work done. Below are detailed Kodi for FireStick installation steps.
- First of all download and install FileLinked on FireStick using above link.
- Once installed, open the app.
- A page will open on your screen to enter the Download Code.
- Enter code 54780130 and click on Continue.
- A new page will open with different Kodi versions and download link.
- Tap on the Down Arrow button to download Kodi version you want.
- Once done, tap on Play Button icon on the right side of the version you’ve downloaded.
- This will open Kodi on FireStick and now you can start using it right away.
FileLinked is a popular file sharing tool which can be used to download Kodi on FireStick. Not only Kodi, but a lot of other apps can be installed using FileLinked app. All you need is FileLinked app for FireStick, FireTV or Fire Cube and Kodi 18.2 or Kodi 17.6 download codes of FileLinked.
How To Use Kodi On FireStick 2020 Guide
Once the process to install Kodi on Fire TV Stick 4K is finished, you can start streaming movies, TV shows, live channels, sports, Pay Per View events and many more for FREE. We’ve also posted a guide on how to jailbreak Kodi on FireStick so you take extra advantage of your Kodi FireStick. Not only movies and TV streaming but you can do a lot more with Kodi 18 for Amazon FireStick. Using Kodi is easy and you can easily navigate around to look at what suits your taste. Below we’ve posted a quick guide on how to use Kodi on FireStick 2020.
Kodi On FireStick: Add-Ons
Downloading and installing Kodi for FireStick 2020 isn’t all that you need to do to enjoy all of its services. There are many add-ons for Kodi FireStick available out there with different features and uses. You can install them on your FireStick Kodi and use them to watch or download anything on your TV. FireStick is not just for streaming but you can also read books, watch live TV/documentaries, play games and many more on it.
There are thousands of Kodi add-ons available out there but only some of them work perfectly and offer what it says. We’ve searched and compiled a list of best Kodi add-ons for FireStick of all time. You can have a look and then download them on your Amazon Fire TV Stick Kodi.
- Exodus Redux
- The Magic Dragon
- 13 Clowns
- MC 1080P
- The Players Klub IPTV
How To Update Kodi On FireStick
Doesn’t matter if you want to do Kodi 17.6 download for FireStick or Kodi 18.2 download for FireStick you will always have to do it from external sources. Kodi can’t be used on FireStick without manual installation, so does update it.
If you want to update Kodi for FireStick to the latest version then you will have to download Kodi installer file for FireStick and follow the installation steps to get the work done. Alternatively, you can follow the steps mentioned below to update Kodi on Fire TV Stick.
- Open Downloader app which we’ve downloaded earlier.
- Go to this URL – https://kodi.tv/download
- Tap on Android icon and then on ARMV7A (32 Bit) to download Kodi APK.
- Install the latest version Kodi on FireStick.
- Your Kodi app has been updated.
VPN For Kodi
Kodi and its content are available worldwide, but there are some services or content which is geo-restricted. If you’ve come across such content and want to access it, then you can consider using a VPN app with Kodi. There are hundreds of free and paid VPN apps available out there, so we have prepared a list of top 5 VPN apps for Kodi.
We hope this Kodi FireStick installation guide is helpful to you and you are able to install Kodi on Firestick by following it. You can install anything on Kodi to enjoy its services and if you are looking for best build for Kodi on FireStick then you can find that out in our other post.
Do note that if you want the latest Kodi FireStick update then you will need to install the app again by following steps mentioned above. If you know about any other working method to install Kodi on Amazon FireStick TV/Cube then let us know about it via comments below. You can also read our detailed guide about how to update Kodi on FireStick 2020.